For Christmas this year my dad surprised us with a refurbished computer because ours is SO INCREDIBLY SLOW. Two months later I have finally transferred all of our files over and hooked up the new computer! And how wonderful it is to have a computer that will do what I intend it to do
when I intend it to do it! I have had so many things I have wanted to write and so many pictures I have wanted to post, but I have not had the patience to wait on a computer that will not function properly. I started a post that had a zillion pictures of all that we have been doing lately, but I think the only ones who would appreciate that would be me and the grandmothers...so grandmothers, I will email you all of the pictures soon! Instead, I just thought I would put a few of the fun day we had about a month ago when we actually got some real winter weather. It sleeted at the end of January and left a beautiful blanket of white all over our yard. Elisabeth loved every second of it...
Waiting for Mommy to go outside...

After about 20 minutes or so I thought a moment to defrost was in order...But apparently,
the world...
had...
ended!!!
But after she realized we were just taking a break and we headed outside, all was right in her world again.



I happen to LOVE everything about winter! The celebration of Christ's birth, the decorations, the lights, the music (I start listening to Christmas music around September!!), the frigid air, the bundling up, the warm drinks, the wonderful memories of Vermont at Christmas, and multiple viewings of White Christmas (which just happens to be my favorite movie). I couldn't help but want to sing, "Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow! It won't be long before we'll all be there with snooo-oooow!" It's from the movie...my sisters get it! Anyway, it was a fun day for us and it was so fun to see her excitement. Despite the fact that we were both numb, Elisabeth would have stayed outside all day if I had let her. It was a nice diversion from the ordinary. Too bad that's all we got. I'm secretly hoping that we end up moving somewhere with lots of snow!
On a more recent note, Elisabeth has been getting ready for warmer weather...


My friend, Selorm (pronounced Say-loam...Elisabeth called her Yoam), came by to visit a couple of days ago. Elisabeth loved her and her sunglasses, as you can see. Selorm is pregnant with her first baby...a girl, due this summer. So we got to talk all things baby, which is always fun! Her husband is in Brian's class, so we've known her throughout our time here. I was feeling kind of down on Wednesday, just doing the same old, same old, when Selorm called out of the blue. She was a ray of sunshine to my gloomy day and I was so grateful to have her over. She is full of life and laughter and that was just what I needed that day!
I will do my best to keep you updated more often, although most of the time we aren't doing much exciting...
We're usually just cooking...


and cleaning...
"Vacuuming" with one of the attachments to the vacuum cleaner.



and running errands...

Making an important phone call...probably to Russ...she's always "on the phone" with Russ!
Literally looking for her keys!and taking care of babies...



Okay, so I couldn't help myself with all the pictures! But there aren't nearly as many as I was planning to post! Thanks again for the computer, Dad. I'm a pretty patient person, but our old computer was ridiculous! This one is amazingly fast and I am so grateful!
Good stuff. Good stuff. Now just don't let
ReplyDeleteBrian know that you are secretly thinking someplace colder that gets snow. I'm not sure the beach is that much fun if it is freezing out. lol
THANK YOU!!! I love all the pictures - and this grandma would love more but I will anxiously be awaiting the email. I especially liked the ones where she went from pouting to catching snowflakes with her tongue...personality??? By the way, We get snow up here (hint, hint). I Love y'all and hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute I cannot stop laughing! Don't think it's just grandma's that love the play-by-play pictures! She has and Uncle and Aunt up here to that know that's a surefire way to cheer up a day!
ReplyDeleteSo, I didn't see the pictures of her calling "me" yesterday. I must have been away from the phone when she called. You need to tell her to leave a message next time. lol
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pictures and cute words to tell the stories!
ReplyDelete