Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pleasantly Distracted

So, I've been pretty distracted from blogging lately...first due to our trip:

Our first stop was California to see the Medina family.

Elisabeth showing her love for her friends, Madison and Emery.


Our best friends, Stacy


and Ty. We are ever so grateful to have spent time with you!!


Our adventurous little girl!


This picture is Elisabeth in a nutshell! And I could not love her more!

After our time with the Medinas we headed up the Pacific Coast Highway toward San Francisco.

The views were breathtaking!

Pier 39 in San Francisco

From San Francisco we made our way to the Redwood Coast.



On to Oregon...



California/Oregon border. All I can say is GORGEOUS!! Although the pictures never do it justice.


Day trip to Newport, OR from Corvallis.




Last stop, Columbia River Gorge, east of Portland.



Now that Brian has officially completed all of his out of state rotations we have another reason to be pleasantly distracted! It is a wonderful blessing to have him home again, and I am so thankful that our separation is over. The time went by much faster than I imagined it would, and I am grateful for that. Elisabeth loves having her daddy here for breakfast everyday and home again in the early evening. We all love the fact that there is no more studying for fourth year! So we are just enjoying each other and looking forward to all that is approaching in the near future...finding out where we will be moving for Brian's residency, selling our house, having our second daughter, Brian's graduation from medical school, and moving to our to-be-determined new home. So many MAJOR events approaching, but with much prayer, patience, and trust, we know that the Lord will guide our every step. So for now, I'm just focusing on taking care of Brian and our girls and being grateful for each one!

I am now 25 weeks and 2 days, and I figured it was about time I posted a picture of our sweet growing girl!




Elisabeth is so excited to become a big sister and talks about her baby sister all the time. We are still deciding on a name, but hope to have one soon. We prayed for a long time for Elisabeth's name and are doing the same for our second daughter. I love that I will be able to tell them that the Lord named them! I have a midwives appointment tomorrow and thankfully Brian will be able to go with me as he has the day off. I'm hoping for another peek at our sweet girl! She's just as active as Elisabeth was when I carried her...if she's as active as Elisabeth has been the last two and a half years then I certainly have my work cut out for me!! Thankfully I know that the Lord won't give us more than we can handle!!

Although I get overwhelmed and exhausted at the thought of all that is coming up in our lives seemingly all at once, I simply can't wait! And I am ever so grateful for these wonderful distractions to help get me through! I feel so blessed...

2 comments:

  1. Autumn, Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I love the pic of Elisabeth running on the beach and also the one of her eating sand. The pictures are gorgeous...just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Very fun! Where did you get that grey stripe sweater and is it maternity?

    ReplyDelete