Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just To Say I Love You

I have learned in my walk with the Lord that He has many ways to show and tell His children just how much He loves them.

As I anxiously wait for Abigail, the days have seemed to slowly pass by. Isn't that how it works? We can't wait for something to happen and it seems to take forever to get here? It seemed like it took forever for her to even become a part of our lives. We've always known we wanted to have more children, but when we started trying again we had no idea it would take 19 months for it to become a reality. Each month passed by with anticipation and hope of being pregnant again, only to end in disappointment and tears. This past Mother's Day was no exception. We were singing at church that Sunday and my heart felt so full as I praised Him in song. And I felt Him press on my heart that He loved me and that we were going to have another baby. I couldn't help but feel that it was true and that the Lord was again allowing me to be pregnant. What a better way to celebrate Mother's Day! Yet, later that day, my heart was yet again broken as I knew that we were not pregnant.

It was not until the next month that we were blessed to find out that we would be having another child. As I tried to determine what my due date would be, I was able to see a beautiful picture of the Lord telling me how much He loved me. To determine my due date, I had to count 40 weeks from the first day of my last period. With the first day of my last period being on Mother's Day, counting exactly 40 weeks took me to Valentine's Day.

I am beyond touched every time I think about it. Mother's Day to Valentine's Day. This year was the only time recently that it could have worked out that way. Whether Abigail makes her debut on Valentine's Day, I will always have this amazing memory of yet another way the Lord has shown me that He loves me. I will have it every time I look into Abigail's eyes, just as I do when I look upon Elisabeth's face. It is through their lives, through being a mother, that I have a clearer picture of a Father loving His children. He knows what's best for us. He knew when we were ready for Abigail. And He knew the perfect way to show me through this pregnancy, just how much He loves me...Mother's Day to Valentine's Day. I couldn't have thought of a better way to say "I love you."

*Side Note: At my first appointment with this pregnancy, the nurse calculated my due date as February 13. At my last appointment, my midwife asked me if it was okay to change my due date to Valentine's Day because that was actually more accurate. I'm not one to go against authority, so I never argued with the nurse (even though I wanted to!). But I was SO glad my midwife changed it! I'm now "officially" due on Valentine's Day...even though I've known that all along!

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest story. God is so good! We love you guys and will be praying for you this weekend! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete