Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Confession:

I am very detail oriented and thus easily overwhelmed. Too many details make my mind spin, yet I care deeply about the details. This has caused many a problem throughout my life. I have not blogged simply because I want to share every detail that has happened since we moved here almost six months ago. But each time I think of all there is to share in this neglected blog of mine I get considerably overwhelmed. And as hard as this is going to be for me, I've just decided to get over it and move on and share our life NOW...otherwise I might never blog again! Yes, I also have procrastination issues, but I'll just confess one thing at a time! ;)

So, right now...

We are loving the Oregon fall



and admiring all that God has created.



We are having fun decorating for the season.


We are loving the cold weather that warrants the use of our fireplace.


Brian is busy being SuperDad



while simultaneously getting a lot of hands on training in residency! ;)


We are loving our church here and are growing in the Lord. Our backyard is a beautiful and peaceful place to have some quiet time with the Lord.


We are praising Him for all that He has done and continues to do in our lives.


We WERE spending many days at the park behind our house. The rain has started, so this will just be for memory's sake!





Abigail is eating big girl food.



She still prefers to sleep with a blanket over her face...she does that all on her own now!


Abigail is officially EVERYWHERE! She's crawling and pulling up on anything that will support her. I think Elisabeth was only a warm up to all that Abigail will be! She's feisty and ornery, yet so sweet and tender. She is a blessing beyond measure!



Elisabeth is growing up so fast. She is so quickly approaching four...FOUR!! She loves dresses and loud, "fancy" shoes. She's becoming such a precious little (big!) girl.


I am so proud of the girl she is becoming. It blesses us to see God at work in her life. To see her heart flourishing each day for Him is more than we could ask for.


She loves learning and we have "school" often. We're not regular about it yet, but becoming more so. Her memory amazes me! She is already trying to memorize books as I read them to her so she can "read" them herself later on. She has learned all of the basic sounds to her letters and can write several of her letters well. We have fun sounding out words together, and I've caught her a couple of times sounding words out on her own. She's a smarty pants!


Elisabeth and Abigail spend endless hours playing and laughing together. Elisabeth has already been saying that Abigail is her best friend. I am so grateful they have each other and love being sisters. They are precious together and bring Brian and I more joy than we could have ever imagined!







We cherish having weekly family movie nights. It's always a big deal and involves setting up the air mattress in the living room with lots of pillows and blankets, pizza, chocolate milk, a "special treat", and a thoughtfully chosen kid-friendly movie. We always have so much fun and look forward to this special time with Daddy each week.


We are loving our little family of four and so grateful to be here in Oregon. We love it here! We love the weather, the scenery, the mountains, the forests, the ocean, our new friends, our new church, the abundant fresh fruits and vegetables, the local berry farms and orchards, having our own fruit trees and herb garden, our neighbors, our community...I could go on and on! Now if we can just convince our families to move up here... :)



But, right now...above all, we are THANKFUL!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. I couldn't help but smile the whole way through. (and almost cry a couple of times. shhhhh :) We love you guys soooo much and can't wait to come up there for Thanksgiving!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't say that I "almost cried" because I was teary all through your wonderful post. I did laugh when I saw Brian's "hands on" skills - I knew that the operation game would came in handy.

    I am so happy that y'all are so happy...we just miss y'all Sooooo very much. Be Blessed and be a Blessing (I know y'all are)......See you in a few weeks!!! :D

    ReplyDelete