We've been anxiously counting down the days until we set foot on Texas soil! It's been two years since Brian has been able to go back, a year and a half for the girls and I, and John has never been to Texas before. That last one seems crazy to write, that as Texans we have a son who has never even been there! We can hardly wait to see our family and friends. We will be spending a week with Brian's family before he heads back to Oregon and the kids and I head to visit my family for another week. We have great plans of soaking up every minute with our loved ones, resting and relaxing, and enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warmth of summer.
Because this week, IT IS COLD!
That's right, we are burning a fire today with the weather in the 50s. I have a feeling we are going to melt when the 95 degree air hits our pale, long sleeved wearing skin. I'm not sure we remember what Texas feels like anymore and sure hope we can handle it! At least there's A/C!
We are so excited though, for our much needed time of rest and for just being in the presence of those we love most.
5 days and counting!!
Can't wait for your visit!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete