Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Family Medicine Vacation...Umm...I Mean...Rotation

Brian just finished up his third year of medical school...meaning we only have one more year left until Mr. Hodges officially becomes Dr. Hodges! He finished up his third year with his Family Medicine Rotation, although I liked to call it his Family Medicine Vacation! Compared to all of Brian's other rotations during the year, this one was by far the biggest blessing with the most time off! And we took full advantage of it! We were busy with all things NOT related to med school for a change...and it was fabulous!

We spent many a day swimming and laying out (Brian and I would lay out while Elisabeth would take her nap). Brian got off most Mondays at noon and every Friday at noon, so we took full advantage of that time to enjoy the not-so-hot beginning of summer.


Swimming is often tiring, so Elisabeth was generally very ready to go bed after a long day in the sun. One night, after a full day of swimming, I was finishing up laundry and she was very adamant about wearing Brian's socks to bed...it's so sweet to see her want to be like him...



We had a pretty rainy Memorial Day weekend. We grilled out one evening while Elisabeth enjoyed running through this puddle for at least 30 minutes. Brian eventually joined her for some fun!







Here is Elisabeth helping to skim the pool. Don't worry Nanna/Gramma. She was very good about staying on the "little rocks" and not the "big rocks" closest to the pool.









Brian's last week of his Family Medicine Rotation we took Elisabeth to the zoo. She loved every minute of it! It was so much fun to take her at this age. More zoo pictures to come...








We are incredibly thankful for this time together as a family. Brian will be leaving in about three and a half weeks to do his rotations in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Oregon. We will be able to see him a little bit in between rotations, but he will be gone most of the first four months of fourth year. We will, however, be taking a wonderful family vacation to see our beloved friends in California to take a break in the middle of his rotations. We will be driving out to California and then up the coast to Oregon before Elisabeth and I fly back and Brian starts his rotation there. We can't wait to see our friends and enjoy many beautiful stops up the California and Oregon coasts. We are so grateful to be able to look forward to this...it will be our first family vacation...even though we have certainly enjoyed the last two months as such!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love that she wanted to wear Brian's socks. You guys will definitely enjoy your vacation, it will be amazing. I love you and miss you! And I want to go to the zoo with you guys soon... I haven't been to the zoo in a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Wiping the beads of 'Nanna concern' from my brow) --- Thank you for the reassurance that she has to stay on the "little rocks" and also that she is wearing a life jacket...can't be to safe. I really miss y'all and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete