As the title says, Elisabeth is going to be a big sister! We were just blessed with the news this week and would love your prayers for this pregnancy. To some it may seem too early to be telling people, but I feel that the more prayers we have the better. This is such a special gift to us as we have hoped for this news for a very long time. The Lord is gracious and faithful, and His timing is always perfect. We are due on Valentine's Day next year and can hardly wait to meet the newest member of our family. Elisabeth has requested a brother, so we will see! Until then, I know she'll continue to enjoy her "Sister Book".
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Our Little Reader
Elisabeth is quite the reader, spending hours a day pouring over her books. One of her favorite things to do is go to the public library to play in the children's area and gather as many books as we are allowed to check out. She loves to be read to and to read the books on her own as if she actually knows what each word says. She brings the characters to life, remembering the words that Brian and I had previously read to her. As I watch her, I sometimes notice that the inflection in her voice mimics ours from a previous read. I grew up with a love to read that still continues today, and it blesses me to see her with the same love I had as a small child. I can hardly resist to buy her a new book that I know she will love. I recently bought her a new book that she has already memorized in her own little way. I know it will be one that will be special to her for a long time to come...

As the title says, Elisabeth is going to be a big sister! We were just blessed with the news this week and would love your prayers for this pregnancy. To some it may seem too early to be telling people, but I feel that the more prayers we have the better. This is such a special gift to us as we have hoped for this news for a very long time. The Lord is gracious and faithful, and His timing is always perfect. We are due on Valentine's Day next year and can hardly wait to meet the newest member of our family. Elisabeth has requested a brother, so we will see! Until then, I know she'll continue to enjoy her "Sister Book".
As the title says, Elisabeth is going to be a big sister! We were just blessed with the news this week and would love your prayers for this pregnancy. To some it may seem too early to be telling people, but I feel that the more prayers we have the better. This is such a special gift to us as we have hoped for this news for a very long time. The Lord is gracious and faithful, and His timing is always perfect. We are due on Valentine's Day next year and can hardly wait to meet the newest member of our family. Elisabeth has requested a brother, so we will see! Until then, I know she'll continue to enjoy her "Sister Book".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
O my goodness!!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! I was just wondering when that time might come again for you.
ReplyDeleteWords can't express our excitement. The LORD is so good. We love you and will keep y'all in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! We love you guys and can't wait to have babies around the same time.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Vanessa
Yay! So excited for y'all! God is faithful!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news, Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!! I am beyond excited for you guys!! What a great way to announce your expecting. When I saw the pic I was wondering... :) Well if you want any comments on mid-wifes, just give me a shout!! :) We are going to visit Baylor and Harris next week. I can't tell you how excited I am for you and can't believe we are only 2 months apart!!
ReplyDeleteYEA!!! I'm so happy for you and your family! I know you've been wanting this and I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Congrats and best wishes!
ReplyDeleteYea again! God is great, God is good.
ReplyDeleteI love you. -Lauren
Congratulations, Autumn!!! So funny how God works, isn't it??!! I will be switching you over to my 'pregnant friends' prayer list immediately! It was such a joy to meet you, and Brandon couldn't stop talking about your husband, he was so inspired by his testimony and by his passion for the Lord!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, again!!
CONGRATS!! That is soooo awesome!! I will be praying for your newest baby!!
ReplyDeleteHi Autumn! Congrats on your good news...hope you are feeling well. I just read your comment on my blog and am sorry that your family is about to go through a separation from each other. I definitely know it isn't easy and is a roller coaster of emotions. One thing I can say is you will get through it...it's amazing what we can do when we are tested! From a practical stand point we have found using a Web Cam to be very helpful when Nate is away. Carter loves being able to see and talk to her daddy and I find that she is much more willing to do that then to sit and talk on the phone. I know that when she was your daughters age I felt like for the most part it was out of sight out of mind, meaning she didn't ask or dwell a lot on Nate not being around. As long as I was joyful and happy she was too. That isn't always easy when you miss your husband, but you can do it!! Feel free to email me if there is anything (questions etc.) I can help you with! Prayers for y'all!! Hang in there.
ReplyDelete