Monday, November 23, 2009

Lately

Lately we've been quite busy with everything and nothing all at once. Our days are filled with typical errands and household chores. Elisabeth has been quite busy becoming a "big girl" lately with potty training, wanting to help Mommy with cooking and cleaning, and by showing her independence any way she can. She communicates amazingly well, making things so much easier for me and Brian. She is becoming more excited about her "Baby Sister" as each day goes by. She loves to look at her tiny clothes and talk about her as if she fully understands her arrival into our family. She will be a wonderful Big Sister! As my constant companion she is forced to join in on my love for Christmas, and thankfully she has grown to love it as much as I do! She loves to look at all of the Christmas decorations at every store we go to, repeatedly exclaiming, "It's so beautitul, it's so beautitul!!" She already knows EVERY Christmas song by heart and can be heard singing them as she plays. I also overhear her frequently telling the story of the birth of Jesus to her toys and imaginary friends (yes, she has several!!). She brings a smile to our faces and a joy to our hearts like we have never known! Here are a few (or A LOT) of pictures of what we've been doing lately...


Our attempt to capture Fall in a bottle after a walk on a beautiful morning. Elisabeth loved collecting the different colored leaves and sizes of acorns.


First time to have her toes painted. She looked at mine and said she wanted hers to look that way!


Becoming more of a big girl every day!


Her new best friend, Violet (named after a cat in one of her DVDs). I'll be sure not to lose this one!


Elisabeth loves to help me cook at EVERY meal.


This day she proudly helped me get the roast and vegetables ready for the crock pot.


"Baby Sister" is growing right on schedule. I'm 28 weeks now...she'll be here before we know it!


I've been nesting like crazy lately and already have the baby's clothes all washed and organized in her drawers! The timing is perfect and will save me a lot of work when it's time to pack and move. I still have a lot to do...this nesting thing is becoming something I can't control!!

Today we made a trip to the new Children's Museum with my good friend, Heidi, and her two kids, Clara and Dawson. Elisabeth had a fabulous time exploring the world on her level. Surprisingly she was so quiet (If you know Elisabeth, you know that quiet is RARELY a word used to describe her!) and inquisitive as she went from one section to the next. It was like she was soaking up every detail so she wouldn't forget anything. She always has a great time with Clara and Dawson, and today was no exception! It's always a blessing to see your children enjoy themselves so much!

"The Grocery Store"










"The Hospital"

I'm already the annoying mom with the camera!! Her face says it all!


Following in Daddy's footsteps?...Future Orthopedic Surgeon?!


Pediatrician?


ER Doc?

Outdoor Water Area





Dawson, Clara, and Elisabeth

"Construction Site"








Fascinated by Bubbles


Duck, Duck, Goose

Elisabeth loves her friends, Clara and Dawson!


What a blessed day to spend with friends!

We have much to be thankful for as we quickly approach Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for the simple things each day that remind me of my blessings. Elisabeth and Brian and I may be busy with everything and nothing all at once, but it's through these things that God shows us how much He loves us. It's through all the simple everyday things that we've done lately that make my heart swell with gratitude. Don't forget to take a moment, not just for Thanksgiving, but for today, and thank Him for all that you are grateful for!

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! I enjoyed seeing what y'all have been up to. Elisabeth is so pretty, and looking more grown up in every picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I want to go to the Children's Museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for taking me on your adventure. I "almost" felt like I was with y'all - I wish I was. It looked like Elisabeth had a wonderful time exploring...What a great place for kids. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. autumn, i found your blog through amanda's...i am SO HAPPY for you! i didn't know you were pregnant...congratulations! i hope you have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete