So, first thing's first: We found out in May that we will be having a little boy! We could not be more excited to be adding to our family and to be having a boy this time around. He has two sisters waiting to dote on him, a daddy ready to share his love of sports, and a mommy who is still trying to figure out just what to do with a boy! Don't get me wrong, I am completely excited about our boy. But I only have sisters and mostly girl cousins, so boys are a whole new world to me. But I can't wait to learn and grow as I become a mom to this little boy that God is giving us. I do know that I'm going to have to get over being a germophobe and learn to deal with dirt. The girls are breaking me in with that, but I have been told that boys take it to a whole new level. I can't wait, though!
Here is our boy at almost 21 weeks (I'm now almost 28 weeks; pictures below):

We have named him, but are waiting just a bit before sharing it with everyone to be absolutely sure. He is already so precious and we cannot wait to meet our boy!!
And now, for those of you who love the belly pictures, here is a picture of me today at almost 28 weeks:
I feel like I'm carrying him differently (higher) than the girls and also feel a little bigger, so for kicks I thought I'd do a little comparison:

Definitely looking a little bigger, I think! Hopefully he's not any bigger than Abigail was at a little over 8lbs. Elisabeth was just over 7lbs, so that would be even better. We will see in just several short weeks. We are looking forward to those weeks filled with summer and lots of sunshine, fun, and family visits that will bring a little bit of home to us here in the cool Northwest.
As I type this my shoulders are sunburned from many days spent outside, the windows are all open with a cool breeze blowing, Louis Armstrong is serenading us in the background, Elisabeth is talking and singing as she plays dress up, and Abigail is just waking from her nap. We have a full afternoon planned of running under the fruit trees in the backyard, picking ripe cherries to snack on, reading new library books from this morning's trip, and welcoming daddy home for a weekend that doesn't involve work. Life is full and beautiful, and although it's all going by in the blink of an eye, I am thankful for the energy to just keep up and enjoy every second.
Oh, little boys are so much fun, I am so excited for your family! You look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful at every stage of pregnancy!!! We are so excited to have a little boy join all the "grands". Our grand quiver is filling up with lots of little arrows - Yay!!! Love you so much.
ReplyDeleteYou look incredible! I definitely carried baby #3 much differently too. Wish we were closer to share this mommy life together again :)
ReplyDelete