The Lord's leading is so sweet and tender. He is so patient and full of love. He has been leading me for quite some time to follow Him in very specific ways, to trust and obey. It is amazing how we can so quickly become wrapped up in seemingly simple things. Very specifically the Lord has called me to delete my Facebook account and other social media accounts, to get rid of the things that have become a distraction from the most important things in life. This is a very personal thing, not something that would necessarily apply to everyone. But it applies to me. I have found that I compare myself to every picture and every post, and I wonder all too often what others must be doing...because it must be better than what I'm doing at that moment. Instead of reveling in the joys that God has placed before me I have allowed insecurities and boredom to cause me to focus on what could be instead of what is. Instead of realizing that what I have is beautiful, I find myself looking for more. I do not want to live that way. I don't want to miss out on what God has given me. Even the mundane. So with sincerity of heart, I am stepping out to trust and obey what God is calling me to do. To keep my eyes on Him and these precious ones He has entrusted to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment